"Applies the power of science and technology to aid you in battle."
Their weapon of choice is the Flask.
Their clothing is called Lab Gear.
The Scientist is able to use skills to hit multiple enemies, while helping allies by giving them attack buffs, HP drain attacks, and even status effect immunity.
The Scientist's default attack is single target only.
The Scientist's name in one of the trailers is "Adam".
|Lv. 1||Lv. 50||Lv. 50, best equipment,
& max food buffs
|Skill||Learned||MP Cost||Description||Base power||Magic multiplier||Activation chance (AI)||Extra Notes|
|Glitch||Lv. 2||5||"Cause a critical error in one enemy's data, dealing damage. (magic)"||10||0.4||60%||A basic magic attack.|
|Ignite||Lv. 5||6||"Add dubious chemicals to a friend's weapon to widen attack range. (auto)"||-||-||50%||Has 50% chance of activating if an ally uses the default attack, and causes it to inflict 1.6x more damage on the targeted enemy and also hit enemies on either side of the original target, although it will do less damage on them. Does not activate on jobs that hit all enemies.|
|Unstable Formula||Lv. 7||15||"A deadly concoction that deals great damage to all enemies. (magic)"||20||0.2||60%|
|Safety Mask||Lv. 11||8||"Cover a teammate's face with a mask to prevent status ailments. (auto)"||-||-||50%||Has 50% chance of blocking a status effect for the user or an ally. If used on an ally it will raise their friendship gauge. (However the user will not be protected from the status effect if used on an ally.)|
|Cure.exe||Lv. 14||10||"Restore a friend's HP and MP with scientific wizardry. (magic)"||10||0.2||50%||With a high enough Magic stat, the user can use this on themselves for a net gain of MP.|
|Absorb||Lv. 17||10||"Restore a friends HP when they take damage. (auto)"||-||-||20%||Has 20% chance of activating when a ally is about to use a regular attack. Will cause the ally's attack to heal that ally by the same amount of damage they did. Will not activate for jobs whose regular attacks hits all enemies.|
|Volatile Formula||Lv. 24||28||"A deadly compound that hits all enemies when exposed to air. (magic)"||70||0.4||60%|
|Black Hole||Lv. 30||40||"Generate a mini black hole to deal great damage to all enemies. (magic)"||120||0.5||60%|
- When a Scientist is using certain skills, the color of the circle in the monitor will change depending on the skill. It usually goes by quite fast, unless the player presses Y at the right time or another teammate uses Lend a Hand. There is nothing special for the skills Volatile Formula and Unstable Formula.
- When the circle is dark blue, the Mii will be using Black Hole.
- When the circle is red, the Mii will be using Glitch.
- When the circle is yellow to green, the Mii will be using Cure.exe.
- When the circle is light blue, the Mii will be using Safety Mask.
- In the Switch version, the circle turns green when the Mii uses the Horse-Whispering Scientist assist.
- In the Switch version, the Mii used in the 3DS version’s official artwork of the class is used as the default Mii for the Prodigious Postman and given the name “Cary.” (“Fede” in PAL regions.)