Outings (デート Date) are a feature introduced in Miitopia for the Nintendo Switch. By using an Outing Ticket, the player can send two Mii characters (or the Horse and a Mii) on an outing, and there will be a cutscene of them bonding in the area according to the ticket name. This will bring relationship up between the involved characters. If the ticket is used on Mii characters that have a quarrel, this will instead help fix up their relationship.
The player may also have a chance to encounter a monster or get souvenirs from the outing (HP Bananas, MP Candies, or Grub). Very rarely this may include encountering a rare type of Snurp, even including the strong variations, such as the Very Rare Snurp.
Main article: Outings/Events
Each time two Mii characters go on an outing, the events that take place will always be different, giving unexpected, sometimes funny, scenarios.
Available from start/demo
- Fishing Spot
Unlocked after reaching Neksdor
- Botanical Garden
- Gym (Fitness Studio in PAL regions)
- Horsing Around (Horse Outing in PAL regions)
Unlocked after reaching Realm of the Fey
Unlocked after reaching Karkaton
- Cooking Class (Cooking School in PAL regions)
Certain outing scenarios have a chance to drop certain grub (otherwise the reward will be simply snacks). There are four types of grub per outing scenario, three of which have drop rates mentioned in the game code, while the fourth one does not have it but does not necessarily mean a guaranteed drop. The following table details the possible grub from every scenario.
Note that grub obtained from defeating monsters (if encountered; drop rates still apply) before arriving at the outing destination will be given to the player as souvenir instead of obtained right after victory like normal battles.
Note: Event names in italic are from Horsing Around tickets.
- The Café, Cinema, Fishing Spot, and Seaside are the only outings experienced in the demo.
- Seaside, Stargazing, Ranch, Fishing Spot, and Shopping are the only outing locations that can be visited using the Horsing Around ticket.
- When playing the American version, if the player receives MP Candy from an outing, the game will use the European version "MP Sweets" instead.
- If the player gives an Outing Ticket to a Mii that knows Saddle Up II, both Mii characters will occasionally ride the horse to the outing, even if the other one does not know the assist.
- In some ranch outings, a UFO will appear and abduct sheep, as the Mii chararcters on the outing sleep. This can sometimes occur even before fighting UFO enemies for the first time. However, that UFO will not be counted in the Journal.
- Internal data shows there is at least one blank outing event in every outing location (except Fishing Spot, Botanical Garden, and Gym). These share the same placeholder souvenir of Alien Gummy Candy with 0% drop rate.
- The Fishing Spot has the highest number of unique events (not counting alternate scenarios), at 11. The Cinema would be equal to this number if not for two of its events being blank.