Deals stupendous damage, blasting away enemies with magical might.
The Mage (まほうつかい Mahou tsukai; Magic user) is a Job in Miitopia that focuses on high single and multi-target magic damage. For their equipment, their weapons of choice are Wands and their clothing are Robes.
With a large MP pool and high Magic, Mages can use magic skills to deal great damage to their enemies.
|Lv. 1||Lv. 50||Best Equipment||Max Food Stats||Maxed Stats
(Lv. 50 + Equipment + Food)
Attacks & Skills
A Mage's normal Attack is single-target melee attach which deals low damage due to the class's naturally low Attack stat.
|Description||Base power||Magic multiplier||Activation chance (AI)||Extra Notes|
|Fire||Lv. 2||4||"Toast a single enemy with mystic fire (magic)."||8||0.2||100%||Basic single-target magic attack.|
|Lightning||Lv. 4||6||"Zap an enemy with lightning. Also hits enemies on either side (magic)."||10||0.25||100%||Hits 3 monsters max, 2 if targeting the either ends of the line. Main target suffers most damage.|
|Sleep Tight||Lv. 6||6||"Make a friend doze off, recovering their HP as they sleep. (magic)"||-||-||50%||Heals the targeted teammate by half of their maximum HP when used, and another half on the teammate's turn. The teammate cannot move or assist while asleep, but can be awakened by either ending their turn or being hit by an enemy attack.|
|Explosion||Lv. 9||14||"Invoke an explosion, sending all enemies up in flames. (magic)"||15||0.3||100%||A basic area-of-effect skill affecting all enemies.|
|Lv. 11||6||"Make a friend's weapon really big for one attack (auto, magic)."||-||-||20%||Causes attacks that hit multiple enemies to only hit one enemy, but increases damage dealt by 50%.|
|Mega Fire||Lv. 14||15||"Char-grill a single enemy with searing flame. (magic)"||40||0.45||100%||An improved Fire spell.|
|Mega Lightning||Lv. 16||20||"Sizzle an enemy plus those on either side with fierce lightning. (magic)"||20||0.4||100%||An improved Lightning spell.|
|Mega Explosion||Lv. 20||30||"Invoke a huge explosion, sending all enemies up in flames. (magic)"||20||0.5||100%||An improved Explosion spell.|
|Barrier||Lv. 24||18||"Erect a barrier in front of you that reduces all damage taken. (magic)"||-||-||100%||Defensive self-buff. Halves damage taken.|
|Giga Lightning||Lv. 28||40||"Zap an enemy plus this on either side with fierce lightning. (magic)"||40||0.65||100%||A greatly improved Lightning spell.|
|Giga Explosion||Lv. 33||45||"Invoke a huge fireball that deals huge damage to all enemies. (magic)"||50||0.75||100%||A greatly improved Explosion spell.|
|Tower of Flame||Lv. 37||50||"Bake one enemy to a crisp with a mage-tastic flaming pillar. (magic)"||80||0.8||100%||A greatly improved Fire spell.|
- Mage Attacks & Skills
- Mages, just like Cats, have the possibility to deal 999 damage (being the max amount you can inflict to a monster). It can occur when the Mage is gleeful from a Praise, and if the Cautious warming up occurs on a previous turn, or Laid-back unusual focus quirk activates before the attack, and if the Mii owns the Legendary Wand & Robe. Finally it can only be achieved with a Tower of Flame. If the correct conditions are met, then a Mage can inflict the maximum amount of damage possible.
- Giga Explosion's animation fittingly resembles Ultima from Final Fantasy VI.
- If a Mage uses Barrier, the Mage will say, "This barrier will keep us safe." despite it only protects the Mage. It was not fixed in the Switch version.
- This was “corrected” for the European English localization, where this line is instead "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst."
- If the Mage is Laid-back, they will use a unique animation for the "Get Serious" quirk.
- About the Class
- Mage Equipment
- The two rings holding up the bristles on the Broomstick change colors depending on the player’s color of clothing.
- The Celebrity Robe is modeled after the Desert Celebrity's clothes in Neksdor Town.
- Similarly, the dancer's robes is based on the Dancing Guide's robes from the same town.
- The Zip Robe resembles the robes worn by the Organization XIII members from the Kingdom Hearts series.
- The Star Wand Resembles the Star Rod from the Kirby series, but with a blue stripe pattern, rather than a Pink one.
- In promotional materials, from Nintendo of Europe, the character used for the Mage's Official artwork is given the name "Emma", being described as the idea of importing "your sister". While some promotional material from Nintendo of America also uses this name for her, another name used for her is Quinn. Various official artwork also depicts the character as having the Kind personality.
- The official Japanese artwork for the Mage is slightly different from the Western artwork, featuring the Mii with solid black eyes and darker hair, as well as a rosy lining.
- In the Switch version, the character is also used as the default Mii for the Scholarly Pioneer, albeit with a darker hair color and skin tone, as well as being renamed to “Reese” (Lara in the PAL versions.)
Official Artworks, Sprites & More
3DS Equipment Gallery
|Weapons - Wands :|
|Clothing - Robes :|
|Tower of Flame|