Laid-back (Japanese: マイペース My Pace; At Own Pace) is a personality in Miitopia, giving the Mii several quirks that make them act more relaxed and lazy. Two of their quirks have a chance of causing "resentment".
|Quirk name||Description||Activation rate||First time picture|
|Hide||The Mii hides behind another party member, having them take the hit instead of the user. Useful on jobs that do not have much HP or decent Defense. Raises "Resentment".||10%|
|Cadge||The Laid-back Mii will steal a HP Banana or a MP Candy from an ally if they do not have any left. Does not activate for the player controlled Mii.
|Nah...||The Mii is guaranteed immunity to emotion-based status ailments.
Functionally identical to a Cool Mii's "Indifference".
|Get Serious||The Mii becomes so unusually focused that the action used will have improved effects, dealing twice the damage or healing a little more HP/MP than usual. If the Mii is a Mage or a Cleric, it will show them summoning a wave of magic before unleashing it. All other jobs show them stretching their arm before standing with a determined expression.||25%|
|Slack Off||The Mii conserves MP (using half of the MP needed for a skill) at the cost of half the skill's effectiveness. The pose is different for the Mage and the Cleric where they rest on their Wand or Staff.||15%|
- Laid-back Mii characters will immediately give up after only one failed digging attempt during the "buried treasure" event.
- When a Mii's face is about to be put on a monster, Laid-back Miis will jump up and down and flail their arms.
- This shares the same animation as Energetic Miis.
- "Let's just take it easy..." (Not selected)
- "If I have to..." (Selected)
- "OK then..." (US) / "Right, then..." (EU) (Starting adventure)
- "Ho ho!" (War cry event response)
- "Oh, I just noticed you're wearing a new outfit. You look pretty good!" (Complimenting for new Clothing)
- "Hm, yeah, not bad." (Complimented for new Clothing)
- "Is there something in my pocket?" (Friend Mail event, feels mail in pocket)
- "Hey, I bought too many HP Bananas. They were getting heavy, so I put one in your pocket." (Mailing a friend)
- "Sure, (Mii). That's good advice." (Receiving letter, Kind Mii)
- "Free food? Suits me fine!" (Receiving letter, Laid-back Mii)
- "I like my battles to be easy, thanks." (Receiving letter, Stubborn Mii)
- "Lucky me!" (Receiving letter, Cautious Mii)
- "Nice. I was getting hungry, actually." (Receiving letter, Energetic Mii)
- "Cheers, I'll take it." (Receiving letter, Cool Mii)
- "Nuh-uh. Finders, keepers!" (Receiving letter, Air-headed Mii)
- "I guess I'll stay up..." (Standing guard at camp)
- "Uh...he/she's sleeping." (Camp event, waking up to a sleeping Mii)
- "What's up?" (US) / "S'up?" (EU) or "I was getting bored, so, yeah." (Camp event, joining a Mii stand guard)
- "Ahhhhhh!" or "Huh!" (Using a regular attack)
- "Easy!" (Defeated monster)
- "Oh well..." (In a Mii-eating monster)
- "Suppose we better help (Mii)." (Reacting to teammate being in a Mii-eating monster)
- "Bright out here..." (Out of a Mii-eating monster)
- "Take your time." / "Do we have to do this?" / "I think I pulled a muscle." / "Almost there!" (When exiting the Safe Spot menu)
- "*blubber*" (When exiting the Safe Spot menu and in a crying state)
- "In a dark mood..." (When exiting the Safe Spot menu and is in a cranky state)
- "I can't take much more..." (When exiting the Safe Spot menu and has low HP)
- "(Mii)... You tried so hard." (US) / "(Mii)... The humanity!" (EU) (Reacting to a fallen teammate)
- "I sure hope this works out." (When exiting the Safe Spot menu and is alone)
- "If I have to..." (US) / "I so can't be bothered..." (EU) / "I'll just go with whatever." / "Let's roll with the punches..." (US) / "I'll just take this slow." (EU) / "Let's get this over with." (When exiting the Safe Spot menu on a solo adventure)
- "I've had just about enough of this..." (When exiting the Safe Spot menu on a solo adventure and has low HP)
- "Yes, yes, yes!" (When exiting the Safe Spot menu and is in an excited state)
- "*snicker*" (When exiting the Safe Spot menu and is in a spiting state)
- "Looks sketchy out there..." (US) / "Looks dodgy out there…" (EU) (Hide quirk)
- "Thanks, buddy!" (Hide quirk complete)
- "I'll just borrow this." (Female) / "Lend me this." (Male) (Cadge quirk)
- "Hmph." (US) / "Welp." (EU) (Defeated)
- "Nice, (Mii)." (Praise assist)
- "Out of HP Bananas/MP Candies..." (Out of HP Bananas or MP Candies)
- "You'd better take this." (Charity assist)
- "Uh-uh!" (Avenge assist)
- "Slow and steady." (Cleaning event)
- "I'll lend a hand too." (Cleaning with another Mii)
- "Put your back into it!" (Watching a Mii cleaning)
- "Yay, just a little bit more!" (Cleaning event, cheering on the sidelines)
- "Saw this and thought of you. Have a present." (US) / "So I bought a thing. Have a prezzie." (EU) (Giving a present)
- "Don't mind if I do." (Accepting a present)
- "Thanks." (US) / "Heh, thanks." (EU) (Present event, kind of likes it)
- "How'd you know?" (Present event, very pleased)
- "Ooo-ooh!" (US) / "Huh. Didn't expect this." (EU) (Present event, amazed)
- "Well, it's..." (US) / "Yeah...no." (EU) (Present event, dislikes it)
- "Don't think I need this." (Present event, hates it)
- "Yeahhhh!" or "Doo doo-doo!" (Singing)
- "Doo doo diddly doo..." (Singing with another Mii)
- "Thanks!" (Getting revived/healed by another teammate)
- "Whew!" (Face saved)
- This personality does not have any status effect (cry/angry) when the Avenge skill activates.
- Laid-back Mii characters that are given the Mage or Cleric job have unique animations for when they Slack Off or Get Serious.
- Laid-back has the most quirks among all personalities, with 5 quirks. Other quirks have 3 each (except for Cool, which has 4), making Laid-back Mii characters the wild cards of any team.
- During the "spooky stories" Campfire event, Laid-back Mii characters will be lying down instead of sitting.
- When a Laid-back Mii steals an HP Banana or MP Candy from using Cadge, the Mii who they stole from will have an angry scowl while they eat it.