This article contains major in-game spoilers.
There are many jobs available for the party members in Miitopia. Every job has different powers, abilities, and stats. There are fourteen (and two sub jobs) total (twelve main and two secret), but only up to ten can be chosen for the party (not including those in the Villa).
|Jobs unlocked when first acquiring divine powers:|
Male & Female
|Jobs unlocked after the first attack from the Dark Lord:|
|Jobs unlocked after the second attack from the Dark Lord:|
|Jobs unlocked in post-game:|
After every area, the Dark Lord seals away the player's powers and they have to choose a new job. But after clearing the Realm of the Fey, the player's powers are still there because they were "too strong".
In Karkaton, right before the volcano, the player and their party members will become able to change into any job of their choice, so the player's Mii can choose a job that the Dark Lord sealed away previously. A Mii's old jobs' progress will be maintained even after being sealed.
- Helping the very first Vampire visitor in the Travelers' Hub will reward the player the Bat Charm and unlock the Vampire job.
- Journeying through the Uncharted Galados in the Galados Isle rewards the player the Elven Charm and unlocks the Elf job.
- In the Nintendo Switch version, many of the Mii characters representing the different jobs receive a redesign from their appearance in the Nintendo 3DS. Note that the older designs (except the Princess) end up as default Mii characters representing certain NPC roles in the Nintendo Switch version.
- The Warrior, Mage, Cleric, Thief, Pop Star, Chef, Cat, Tank, Imp, and Flower Mii characters having a complete overhaul.
- The Princess Mii having red hair.
- The Scientist having a slightly taller head and a darker skin tone.
- The Vampire and the Elf are the only to remain the same.