This article is about the town located in Greenhorne region. For the region itself, see Greenhorne.
Greenhorne (Japanese: サイショーの町 Saisho no machi; First Town) is one of the first areas of the game and is one of the areas playable in the demo. It is the first area the player can move around and talk to other Miis. Greenhorne is a small village west of Greenhorne Castle in the Easin Hills area that the player arrives at after encountering monsters while seeking help, and is the first area attacked by the Dark Lord. The town has a small population of 8.
|"A self-proclaimed tour guide who doesn't really do a lot of guiding."|
The Carefree Guide is a villager of Greenhorne and is one of the first Miis to lose their face to the Dark Lord. After his face is stolen, he briefly become the Butterfly "Carefree Guide" before being defeated by the player in Easin Hills. He is known for his carefree and laid-back attitude.
- "Bit boring today... Huh? What's up with you? Monsters with people's faces?! Gyahaha! You gotta be kidding me! Greenhorne's a peaceful place. A place to leave all your woes behind."
- [Right before the Dark Lord first appears] "Hey! What's that?"
- [As his face gets stolen] "Eeeeek!"
- "Oh! Is my face back on? That's a relief. Sticking all those faces on monsters... Who'd even do that?! Anyway, thank you."
- "That Dark Lord bloke who showed up out of nowhere... [Dark Lord's Name], was it? What hole did he crawl out from? Hmm... ... No skin off my nose..."
- "What a sleepy day. Ah! An adventurer! Welcome to Greenhorne. This place WAS being tormented by the Dark Lord... but now it's quiet... and a bit boring. Well, I suppose I'd better put my feet up."
|"Always in high spirits, her smile is like a ray of sunshine."|
The Cheery Granny is a villager of Greenhorne and is one of the first Miis to lose their face to the Dark Lord. She appears to run a small shop stand in Greenhorne. She is known for her cheery and upbeat personality. After having her face stolen, she will briefly become Imp "Cheery Granny". When you rescue her face and return to her, she will reward you with some Sharp Stew.
- "Oh joyous day! Isn't the weather just be-YEW-tiful? Oh! An adventurer! Why the long face? You can't go around looking like that! Come on, give us a smile! You know you want to. A smile brings happiness!"
- [Right before the Dark Lord first appears] "What? Where? Oh!"
- "My smile's back! I'm as happy as a... really happy person! Adventurer... You've done so much for us. Let me show you my gratitude."
- "Oh, joyous day! I never knew how important a face was. You can't smile for a start. Time to make up for lost time! Haha!"
- "Oh, joyous day! I'm in such a good mood today. I need a good old chuckle. Come on, laugh with me now! Hahahaha!"
|"A sassy child who's oblivious to those around him. Typical brat."|
The Sassy Child is a villager of Greenhorne, the child of the Worried Mother, and are known for his childish personality. He is one of the first Miis to lose their face to the Dark Lord. After his face is stolen, he briefly become the Mini "Sassy Child" Slime before being defeated by the player in Easin Hills.
The Sassy Child is seen once more, having wandered out of town later on when the Besmirched Noble's Son attempts to save him himself after an outing in the fields turns hazardous after being cornered by three Goblins.
- "Wheeeee! Whoo-hooooo! I'm a dragon! Raaaarrr!"
- [Right before the Dark Lord first appears] "What is it, Mommy?"
- [As his face gets stolen] "Waaaa!"
- "Yippee, I'm back! I'm fine!"
- "Wheeeee! Whoo-hooooo! I'm the Dark Lord! Gimmie your face! Mwaa ha ha haaaa!"
- "Wheeeee! Whoo-hooooo! I'm a goblin! Gobble gobble gobble!"
|"Tries to keep her child in check, but her patience is wearing thin."|
The Worried Mother is a villager of Greenhorne and is the mother of the Sassy Child. She gives the player the Antique Charm in exchange for helping to rescue her child's face. She is known for being very worried and protective of her child. She is one of three residents of Greenhorne who don't get their faces stolen, so she can give the charm to the player.
- "Stop it, [Sassy Child's Name]! Calm down, or you'll hurt yourself! This child has me at my wits' end! Oh! An adventurer. Please excuse me. My child has so much energy! It's hard for me to keep up."
- [Right before the Dark Lord first appears] "Oh! Goodness!"
- [As the Sassy Child's face gets stolen] "My little [Sassy Child's Name]!"
- "[Sassy Child's Name]! My poor baby! Don't panic... Don't panic... Oh! Adventurer! I beg you, please! Please help my [Sassy Child's Name]!"
- [If the player says "Yes"] "Oh... Thank you ever so much!"
- "...I know! Please take this. It's our family's good-luck charm. I fear the Dark Lord still lurks nearby. Could you maybe take a look around outside town?"
- "[Sassy Child's Name]! Are you OK? You're not hurt, are you? Oh, thank the stars! And thank YOU, kind traveler! Please, take this gift as a mother's appreciation."
- "No, [Sassy Child's Name]! Will you behave! The Dark Lord will steal your face off again!"
- "No, [Sassy Child's Name]! You can't just go running off! Please! Mommy can't take much more worry!"
Lovey-Dovey Couple (Man)
|"He doesn't really know how he feels, but he does enjoy her company."|
The Lovey-Dovey Man is a villager of Greenhorne, and is always seen together talking with the Lovey-Dovey Woman. He is known for being very romantic and doting to the Lovey-Dovey Woman. When you rescue the Lovey-Dovey Woman's face, he will reward you with three Game Tickets. He does not get his face stolen.
- [To Love-Dovey Woman] "D'awww... You're so cute [Lovey-Dovey Woman's Name]! I feel like I'm dreaming..."
- [Right before the Dark Lord first appears] "[Lovey-Dovey Woman's Name]..."
- [As the Lovey-Dovey Woman's face gets stolen] "[Lovey-Dovey Woman's Name]!"
- [After the Lovey-Dovery Woman's face returns] "Thank you so much. Looking good!"
- [To Lovey-Dovey Woman] "D'awww...Was it scary? There, there..."
Lovey-Dovey Couple (Woman)
|"She only has eyes for him, but for how long...?"|
The Lovey-Dovey Woman is a villager of Greenhorne and is one of the first Miis to lose their face to the Dark Lord. They are always seen together talking with the Lovey-Dovey Man. She is known for being very romantic and doting to the Lovey-Dovey Man. After having her face stolen, she briefly becomes "Lovey-Dovey Woman" Mouse.
- [To Lovey-Dovey Man] "Tee hee hee! No you're cute [Lovey-Dovey Man's Name]! Shall I pinch you? Tee hee hee!"
- [Right before the Dark Lord first appears] "[Lovey-Dovey Man's Name]!"
- [As her face gets stolen] "Ahhh!"
- "Look! It's back! It's all thanks to this adventurer. Much better!"
- [To Lovey-Dovey Man]: "Tee hee hee! Oh, it was terrifying! Tee hee..."
- [To Lovey-Dovery Man; an alternate line later in-game in comparison to first interaction] "You're so sweet, [Lovey-Dovery Man's Name]!"
|"Looks down on others. Don't blame him though - he's had a hard life."|
The Sarcastic Guy is a villager of Greenhorne and is one of the first Miis to lose their face to the Dark Lord. He is known for being sarcastic. After his face is stolen, he briefly becomes Rocky "Sarcastic Guy". After you return his face to him, he will reward you with 10 G.
- "What? We don't see your type often. You here visiting or something?"
- [If the player says "Yes"] "Huh, some kind of relaxation vacation, is it? Must be so nice for you. I'm sooo jealous..."
- [Right before the Dark Lord first appears] "This can't be good."
- "Ah, got my face back! I got mixed up with a bad'un. You're not a bad sort, I suppose. Fine. You deserve at least something."
- "What? You loitering or something? Oh, you're looking for the Dark Lord? And you plan to defeat him? I believe you... NOT!"
- "What? Oh, it's you. You going to beat that Dark Lord or what? I'm beside myself with anticipation... NOT!"
|"Despite his flaws, still the most level-headed character in town."|
The Dubious Mayor is the mayor of Greenhorne and gives the player the Mayor's Introduction after they save all the villagers of Greenhorne. He is not only known for being the mayor of Greenhorne and being concerned for his townsfolk, but also for being a coward. He does not get his face stolen.
Sometime after the protagonist defeats the Dark Lord, he will appear on the Travelers' Hub and will give a quest to conquer the True Nightmare Tower, as mice have been running amok all over Greenhorne.
- "Welcome, adventurer. I'm the mayor of this town. I take it you've spoken to all our townsfolk? Greenhorne's a nice town. But I'm the mayor, so I kinda have to say that. Huh?"
- [Right before the Dark Lord first appears] "Oh no! It's..."
- "Ohhh! It's terrible! Th-their f-faces!"
- "What? When did the town get back to normal? Oh, that's good news. Very good news indeed! Oh, adventurer. What? The Dark Lord went to the castle? That's bad! We're done for! Crikey... Adventurer, would you go after the Dark Lord? Well then... You'll need this to get into the castle. Oh... and please take care."
- "The Dark Lord [Dark Lord's Name] is headed for Greenhorne... Ah... This is the end! Crikey..."
- "Oh, adventurer... What will happen to the world? I'm so worried, I can't sleep at night... Crikey..."
- [In his Level 17 True Nightmare Tower quest] "Oh, umm... Do you have a moment? S-so... Lately... It's like this... The kingdom of Greenhorne is in another spot of bother... Monsters that look like mice have been running amok. And um... Well.. The king has only gone and told me to sort it out! I mean, as if I could do anything about it! So I came here in search of help. I know I'm asking a lot, but I beg you, please save Greenhorne!"
- [Denying his quest] "Y-you can't be serious... Whatever will I tell the king?"
- [Accepting his quest] "Oh, thank you, thank you! All I can do is tell you where we think the monsters come from. It seems their lair is in some hidden tower. Please, you have to save me— Erm, I mean the kingdom!"
- The name "Greenhorne" is a reference to the word "greenhorn", meaning amateur or beginner, referencing its place in the game as the first town and part of the tutorial.
- In the Oceania region and European region, the Sassy Child is known as the "Cheeky Child".
- In the Oceania region and European region, the Sarcastic Guy is known as the "Sarky Bloke".
- The European Switch version gaves different default names for the roles:
- The default name for the Carefree Guide in the European region of the Switch version is Chilton.
- The default name for the Sassy Child in the European region of the Switch version is Denny.
- The default name for the Worried Mother in the European region of the Switch version is Alita.
- The default names for the Lovey Dovey Couple in the European region of the Switch version are named Harry and Sally, based off the movie, When Harry Met Sally...
- The default name for the Sacrastic Guy in the European region of the Switch version is Ronnie.
- The default name for the Dubious Mayor in the European region of the Switch version is Doofus.
- The default Miis used for the Sarcastic Guy, Lovey Dovey Couple, and Cheery Granny in the Switch version are identical to the Miis used in the Cat's, Pop Star's (Both Genders) and Flower's artwork, respectively, for the 3DS version, albeit with darker skin tones and a different eye color in the Sarcastic Guy’s case. The Lovey Dovey Man also has a completely different hairstyle.
- Additionally, the default Miis for the Carefree Guide and Worried Mother resemble Akira and Se-Young, respectively, who are two CPU Miis from Wii Sports Club.
|List of Locations in Greenhorne|