It fights similarly to the Right Hand of the Darker Lord.
The Medal "Not so wise after all" is gained by defeating it.
It can also be fought daily on its own when defeated.
The Evil Sage's design is identical to that of the Darker Lord, albeit with a generic eye. It is entirely black with yellow outlines, and it wields the same staff its real counterpart holds.
|Action name||Description||Chance to use||Hit rate|
|Magic||Blasts one Mii with a lightning bolt. Inflicts magic damage multiplied by 0.6. (magic)||30%||100%|
|Magic Lock 2||Targets two Mii characters with crosshairs for a flame pillar attack, which inflicts magic damage multiplied by 1.8. (magic)||40%||100%|
|Magic All||Causes an explosion, dealing magic damage multiplied by 0.8 to all Mii characters. (magic)||30%||100%|
|One More Time! (auto)||Uses actions twice per turn.||-||-|
Tip: Defense is as important as attack here, as its flame attack can easily kill or critically damage Mii characters and the all-target magic will put a dent in even the toughest parties. Barriers from either a Mage or player-controlled Elf will help mitigate its damage.
Tip #2: It cannot use the all-target magic twice in a row, which can help plan for deadly attacks. It can however lock on immediately after the flame magic.
- The Dark Curse necklace on the Evil Sage's neck is a possible explanation for people still getting their faces stolen after the Darker Lord is defeated. This implies that a copies of the necklaces were created by the Darker Lord as a backup plan in case he ever died. This implication is shared by another New Lumos boss.
- This monster's origin is debatable as it is not the Darker Lord, due to them still being in Otherworld.
- Its attacks are based on the Mage's skills, more specifically the same skills the Great Sage uses as an ally party member.
- The Evil Sage's Left arm can occasionally be seen clipping through the back of its cloak during its idle animation. This is most easily noticeable when viewing it in the journal or occasionally during the small cutscene that plays after exiting one of the in-battle menus.
- The Evil Sage uses a BGM that is completely unique from the Darkest Lord's hands. However, it is simply the same track albeit without an intro.
- Although fighting similar to another boss (the Right Hand), the Evil Sage is the only district boss of New Lumos to not share its model with a previous boss/enemy.