I know New Lumos doesn't exactly have areas, per say, but I decided to include the Towers.
18 Votes in Poll
Had a similar idea to @GaganTopia , i thought of a new quest area in new lumos! (repeatable)
Quest: Theres a monster running amok in new lumos!
Purple dragon 1.5k hp normal attack 200 hp, shriek 150 dmg 80% to legs turned to jelly dragons breath 350 dmg each, 20% to bottoms on fire.
Pink orochi 2.3k hp Normal attack 300 dmg Shining orb 500 dmg each.
Orange jelly always in groups of 7, 100 hp, normal attack 50 dmg each.
Rolling lime 3k hp, normal attack 200 dmg, lime juice- 50/50 chance to like hate. If like- restore 300 hp, if dislike, remove 40%hp.
Looks like dominic, but much larger and rainbow.
Normal attack: 400 dmg
Shriek- 200 dmg- 100% to turn nervous
Dragon's breath- is red, 50% 200 dmg each, if blue 40% chance, 300 dmg to all if purple, 10% 500 dmg to all
Slash- red 20%- 100 damage to one orange 20% 100 dmg to 3, yellow, 10% 150 dmg to 2 Green, 10% 200 dmg to one Blue, 500 dmg to one, Purple 5% 800 dmg to one Pink 5% 400% to all Brown, 10% One hp move to one.
Drops 100% chroma charm, apply it to a job to make it do 1.5x damage and make it look cool with a sliding rainbow pattern! And 10000 exp.
Rewards 50% 3 V2 star dragon fruit
30% 30000 gold
20% 9,000 bonus exp.
Oh and @Tired Blupi I know that some of the stuff here is weird but after a couple of suggestions, i hope I can make it better!
So Galados Isle and Tschilly Peak have quests to introduce the player to them. Well, people (like me) might have expected a quest to introduce them to New Lumos, and therefore not have gone there for at least while after defeating the Darkest Lord. So I came up with a quest with a new dungeon, new boss and featuring rare enemies.
Quest level - 21-25
Location - New Lumos (Hidden District)
Type - "See if [place] is safe!"
Delicious Snurp (map exclusive)
The Dark Golem, the boss of this area, can be refought in the Tower of Dread on the Ground floor. This means completion of the quest is required for unlocking the Tower of Dread.
I would've made the boss the "Traveler"otaur, but that would've been too much of a parallel between the King Cow, the first proper boss of Lumos. Do you think the "Traveler"otaur would've fit better considering it's rarity?
Greenhorne - literally every world 1 ever
Neksdor - ancient Egypt
Realm of the Fey - fairy land
Karkaton - volcano
Powdered Peaks - mountains
Peculia - a weird hallucination-like mashup land
Nimbus - dystopia in the clouds
The Sky Scraper - space on earth
Otherworld - magenta fantasy space but scarier
Galados Isle - island
New Lumos - New York City at night
New Lumos is a man-made island originally built for people to live on, hence the tall buildings. Unfortunately, the distance from the Miitopian mainland, the constant rains, and the permanent state of darkness made the location undesirable by humans. It did, however, become the perfect place for powerful monsters.
When Peculia was first discovered, those who saw the location were unsure whether or not it was just a hallucination, and it was called Hallucinia as a result. For years, humans tried to steer clear of the area, afraid they would go mad, until scientists later confirmed that this place was in fact real, and it was renamed Peculia due to its peculiar nature.
The Tower of Despair is all that remains of the time before Miitopia. The monsters found there were originally fully block-patterned, but, after centuries, they eventually started to lose some of their panels, leaving behind blackness.
The Sterile Plant originally had workers. When they heard of the Dark Lord's attacks, however, the workers fled and haven't returned since.
The Sinister Plant was originally a functioning factory but was abandoned after exactly 7 robot uprisings. Corrupt scientists then took over and converted it for their purposes.
I myself am a fan of the pink and purple 3rd District!
For those who don't know, here's a list of how big each area is in terms of the amount of replayable levels there are:
Realm of the Fey: 39
Powdered Peaks: 10
Sky Scraper: 21
Other World: 5 (6 if you include the final boss stage)
New Lumos: 36 (38 if you include the two towers)
So I've seen a few people theorising where the Dark Sun came from, and here are my theories
For starters - there are 2 aims in the postgame. One is to beat the Tower of Dread (and now, Despair), and the other one is to get all the medals. But here's the thing - the enemies that the Sun calls out are called Medals. So what could this mean? Could the Dark Sun have some control over the Medals? Why else would you get medals for defeating every New Lumos boss but not completing every stage?
And the Dark Sun can probably steal faces, we just haven't seen him do it yet... or have we? All those times that Miis get their faces stolen in quests? The Dark Sun must be behind it, just like the Darker Lord in the 2nd half of the story!
And all the stronger enemies you encounter in the postgame? Maybe a few of them were created/possessed by the Darker Lord, as it was established that New Lumos was created by him to dump powerful monsters, but why are there so many enemy retextures? Because the Dark Sun is taking enemies that the Darker Lord created and making them stronger! And all the New Lumos bosses? They must have been created by the Dark Sun too, due to sharing his texture! With the exception of the Tower of Despair bosses, as I explained in a previous post. Perhaps the Dark Sun also created Uncharted Galados and it's monsters to guard the Elven Charm, as it was a high threat to his power!
However, there's still one mystery, and that's - where did the Sun come from? Why does he have a different face every time you encounter him? Why can you fight New Lumos bosses endlessly? How was the Dark Curse able to summon the Tower of Dread? My theory is that the Dark Sun be from a parallel universe (where Miis have single eyes and no noses) where the Darker Lord won and became extremely powerful? Could he have created clones of himself and his monsters to survive if they died? Could he have arrived a thousand years ago, and that explains the legends of Uncharted Galados and the Tower of Dread?
So yeah, that's my theories on the Dark Sun and New Lumos.
After completing the Tower of Despair and every other course in the game (bar temporary dungeons), you unlock your final final final test - The Final Tower! It's a Tower of Dread/Despair type tower that hosts monsters, all of which have faces from the Mii cast that weren't stolen before! After saving each face, there is a cutscene where the Mii gets their face back, and thanks you (most of the time). *High difficulty alert*
The Monsters are...
"Worried Mother" Slime - Red slime with the Worried Mother's face on.
Wild "Lovey-Dovey Man" Mouse - Wild mouse with the Lovey-Dovey man's face on.
"Dubious Mayor" Goblin - Goblin with the Dubious Mayor's face on
Butterfly "Serious Solider" - Silvery black butterfly with the Serious Solider's face on.
Naughty "Lax Solider" Imp - Naughty Imp with the Lax Solider's face on.
"Left Royal Support" Golem + "Right Royal Support" Golem - 2 Golems with the Royal Support Guards' faces on them.
"Prince of a Nearby Land" Griffin + General "Bersmiched Noble's Son" - Griffin and General with the faces of the Bersmiched Noble's Son and the Prince of a Nearby Land.
Robo"Rambling Old Man" - Robot boss with the Rambling Old Man's face on.
Cactus "Prickly Wife" - Cactus ball with the Prickly Wife's face on.
Twerk"Green Eyed Lady" - Twerkey with the Green Eyed Lady's face on.
Dark "Lazybones" - Dark Lord Replica with the Lazybones Elf's face on.
Darker "Town Guide" - Replica of the Darker Lord with the Town Guide/Well-informed Bod's face on.
"Scholarly Pioneer" Sun - Yellow Sun with the Scholarly Pioneer's face on.
"Roving Photographer" Camera - Camera with the Roving Photographer's face on. Can use "flash" to blind teammates.
"Quizmaster"mark - Giant questionmark with the quizmaster's face on. Can distract teammates by "making them think".
"Prodigious Postman" Letter - Giant letter with the Prodigious Postman's face on. Attacks pretty much the same as "painting" enemies, only it's special attack is sending floods of letters from itself, damaging the party similar to Wicked Pitchforks.
"Roaming Gourmet" Mii Trap" - A Mii Trap with the Roaming Gourmet's face on.
"Nintendo Fan"ba - A monster that looks like a Goomga from Super Mario with the Nintendo Fan's face on.
"Worried Explorer" Snurp - A Snurp with the Worried Explorer's face on.
Giant "Reborn Mii" Slime - The final boss. A ginormous version of the Mini Slime from the beginning of the game, with the Reborn Mii's face on it. It can attack all teammates at once just with it's normal attack, as well as summon random monsters from across the game to aid it.
After defeating the final boss, there is a cutscene where the Reborn Mii thanks the player for saving them again, before the Great Sage cones to pick the Reborn Mii up, saying that a monster had brought him up to the Tower. As a thank you gift, the Great Sage gives you a Charm which unlocks a really powerful job (I haven't decided what yet). He then leaves with the Reborn Mii, and the party go back to the Inn, as you are awarded a golden medal.