Here are my tips for the Tower of Dread! (For the 2ds version of Miitopia)
1. HAVE A MIXED TEAM. It may be tempting to plonk a whole team of heavy hitters in a melee battle, but bring along some healers and mixed-skill fighters as well. When I challenged the Tower, I used a team of Imp, Cleric, Vampire, and Mage, but other combinations will work as well.
2. MAKE SURE YOU'VE LEVELLED UP. A LOT. Since the Tower of Dread is an escalation battle, lower-level Miis will struggle to fight bosses like the Dark Sun and King of Hounds. I'd recommend Miis of at least Level 40 or above; my main Mii was Level 47 when I first beat the Tower.
3. SAVE YOUR SPRINKLES. Your sprinkles, especially your Life Sprinkle, are of a limited number. You should only really use them if your healer is down, or the Mii that can revive others is down. Self-sustaining Miis, such as Imp or Flower, need less input when it comes to healing anyway. Plus, there's still such thing as HP Bananas!!
4. SAFE SPOT STRATEGY. The Safe Spot is there for you when you've ran out of Sprinkles, or when your Mii is affected with an incurable Status Condition. Healing takes up an entire turn, and only 1 Mii can go in the Safe Spot at a time. However, it also enables the Mii to avoid any attack while they are sat in the Spot. Use it when you need to- especially in later fights!
5. BRING SOMEONE FROM THE HUB. The Traveller's Hub is a place where you can accept quests from people, with the prospect of a big reward. Some of these NPCs will accompany you on your journey, meaning you'll have a 5-Mii party. The higher level the NPC, the more power you'll have. Plus, Monsters don't target NPCs, which is an advantage. The only downfall is that, when your party has fallen, the NPC will not continue to battle for you. The benefits far outweigh the negatives, however!
Hope you find these tips helpful!
It's just the Smug Sun but better
Don't mind the random colors at the top lol
I got bored so here's a theory I made:
So, y'all know when you kill the Dark Sun, it explodes without loosing its face, right? Well, Why doesn't the face separate? Maybe because of the past? If you look at the Darkest Lord (What the Dark Sun is based on), it doesn't loose it's face because that the fact that it was just the Great Sage being possesed. So, what if the Dark Sun was really just a possessed Mii like the Darkest Lord? Or even better, what if it was a Mii? It probably isn't possessed since there's not anything in the post game that has the rightful ability to do that, so it could of possibley been a Mii at one point who was transformed into the Dark Sun due to an incident.
But then, you realize "The Dark Sun only has one eye and no nose," Maybe the rest of it's features were stolen to put on other monsters? And who would these actions belong to? The Darker Lord, of course. So, the Darker Lord could be behind the reason why the Dark Sun exists. Something could of possible happened between them (Maybe the creation of New Lumos was involved too?). If New Lumos was involved, maybe the Mii worked at a medal factory (Which explains how the Dark Sun summons Medals) on an island which would become New Lumos later on. And maybe the Darker Lord cleared the place for New Lumos by destroying the factory and turning the innocent Mii into the Dark Sun by fusing him with the medals made in the factory (And built what is now New Lumos). But why would the Darker Lord do that, then? Maybe he thought it was a way to get rid of the Hero for good?
So then, the Dark Sun would be in a fight with the Hero, and ended up getting killed as a result, despite being a Mii at one point. It didn't say anything about probably because it turned evil once transformed, and completely forgot about the past.
Here's a summarized paragraph of what I just said if you don't understand it that much:
On a small, foggy island, was a factory that made medals. Along with the factory was a lonely Mii who lived on the island, that worked at the place. One night, the Mii woke up to realize the factory was destroyed. As he went outside, he was face to face with the Darker Lord, who threatened the Mii to leave. Refusing to listen to him, the Darker Lord punished him by fusing him with the remaining medals burried in the collapsed building, and wiped away his memory afterwards. To top it off he stole half of his face. The Darker Lord then proceeded to change his personality, changing him as he wanted to. The Darker Lord them built what is now New Lumos. He then left it and the Dark Sun, which was a part of his plan to destroy the hero once and for all.
Anyway, that's all I thought of! Hope you enjoyed!
It’s possible for the Darkest Lord or the Dark Sun to have 3 turns in one, if just before reaching half HP (or in the Dark Sun’s case, 30% of HP), he kills a Mii and another Mii avenges that one, reducing his HP to below 30%. It this is the first out of his two turns, he will say “And now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for!” and use Big Bang, reducing your team to 1 HP. He will then use his standard attack, therefore having had 3 turns in one! It happened to me on my latest Tower of Dread run.
That one the dark sun said:
And now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for!
So I've seen a few people theorising where the Dark Sun came from, and here are my theories
For starters - there are 2 aims in the postgame. One is to beat the Tower of Dread (and now, Despair), and the other one is to get all the medals. But here's the thing - the enemies that the Sun calls out are called Medals. So what could this mean? Could the Dark Sun have some control over the Medals? Why else would you get medals for defeating every New Lumos boss but not completing every stage?
And the Dark Sun can probably steal faces, we just haven't seen him do it yet... or have we? All those times that Miis get their faces stolen in quests? The Dark Sun must be behind it, just like the Darker Lord in the 2nd half of the story!
And all the stronger enemies you encounter in the postgame? Maybe a few of them were created/possessed by the Darker Lord, as it was established that New Lumos was created by him to dump powerful monsters, but why are there so many enemy retextures? Because the Dark Sun is taking enemies that the Darker Lord created and making them stronger! And all the New Lumos bosses? They must have been created by the Dark Sun too, due to sharing his texture! With the exception of the Tower of Despair bosses, as I explained in a previous post. Perhaps the Dark Sun also created Uncharted Galados and it's monsters to guard the Elven Charm, as it was a high threat to his power!
However, there's still one mystery, and that's - where did the Sun come from? Why does he have a different face every time you encounter him? Why can you fight New Lumos bosses endlessly? How was the Dark Curse able to summon the Tower of Dread? My theory is that the Dark Sun be from a parallel universe (where Miis have single eyes and no noses) where the Darker Lord won and became extremely powerful? Could he have created clones of himself and his monsters to survive if they died? Could he have arrived a thousand years ago, and that explains the legends of Uncharted Galados and the Tower of Dread?
So yeah, that's my theories on the Dark Sun and New Lumos.